|Vivid Games, Game Odyssey|
|iOS, Android, Amazon, Bemobi|
|26th of May 2018|
Space Pioneer is a sci-fi themed top-down shooter, developed and published by Vivid Games for mobile platforms, available in 15 languages. In its most recent "Very Old Friends" update, the game introduced multiplayer modes.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The game puts the player in the armour of a space pioneer, a mix between a mercenary and an explorer for the Galactic Federation. Pioneers are tasked with exploring new planets and keeping alien threats as far as possible from human colonies. When intergalactic war boss Xeldar starts attacking local planets, the player is tasked with tracking them down, eradicating alien threats on their path. From cybernetic arachnids to venomous hornets, the player will have to use their skills and gear to fight against hordes of aliens and massive bosses, each with unique offensive and defensive capabilities. To that effect, they have been equipped with a large variety of advanced weaponry, to inflict massive damage and finally put an end to Xeldar's rampage.
Modes[edit | edit source]
Space Pioneer features a variety of singleplayer and multiplayer modes:
- Solo mode is the original game's main campaign. It puts the player on the hunt of Xeldar, one of the largest threats in the universe, in a set of 11 chapters divided into dozens of unique missions.
- Boss Fight are a mode pitting the player against a large alien boss, with the goal of defeating it faster than other players (leaderboard system). It features 3 difficulty levels.
- Horde is a mode pitting the player against a certain number of waves of aliens dropping from space, with the goal of defeating them as fast as possible. It features 3 difficulty levels.
- Multiplayer deathmatch is a pvp mode in which 4 players use their loadout and bonuses found on the planet to compete for the highest kill count.
- Co-op multiplayer is a cooperative mode in which 3 players face against infinite waves of aliens. The goal here is to survive as long as possible.
Updates[edit | edit source]
Since it's official launch, Space Pioneer has received 9 major updates, along with a number of smaller support and fixes updates.
- 1.0.5 July 2018 introduced Freezing Grenade, Laser Turret, Stimpack, Plasma Emitter, Pulse Carbine, Ray Gun and Energy Shotgun
- 1.1.0 August 2018 introduced leaderboards, horde mode rewards, ranks as well as the Drone, Decoy and Flying Disk
- 1.2.0 August 2018 introduced trophies and their rewards
- 1.3.0 October 2018 introduced 3 new bosses
- 1.4.0 October 2018 introduced the lava planets and enemies, the chapter-based space map and the endless mode
- 1.5.0 November 2018 introduced login bonuses, daily challenges and the Space Hammer
- 1.6.0 December 2018 introduced the winter event, chest crafting and the Tiger's Roar
- 1.7.0 January 2019 introduced the Chinese new year event, the Dragon's Breath and the Fireworks
- 1.8.0 March 2019 introduced the armours system as well as pvp and coop multiplayer